DEAR FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES,
Technological breakthroughs in specialty fibers and fiber laser technologies over the last two decades have enabled many unique applications and research topics. Advances in these optical fiber technologies were originally in telecommunication applications. The reliability, compactness, cost, and quality advantages of optical fiber technology have merited the creation of novel optical sources for industrial applications and academic research.
The meeting topics are as follows.
- Fiber lasers applications: defense, medical, biomedical, industrial, etc.
- High power and high energy fiber lasers, including ultrafast fiber laser sources.
- Specialty fibers and fiber based components.
- New directions in fiber designs for innovative applications.
Confirmed keynote and invited speakers include:
- Professor Jonathan Knight, University of Bath, UK.
- Professor Johan Nilsson, University of Southampton
- Professor Johan Ballato, Clemson University, South Carolina, USA.
- Professor Liang Dong, Clemson University, South Carolina, USA.
- Dr. Nigel Holehouse ,ITF CTO, Montreal, Canada.
- Mr. Joe DeBartolo, nLight, Vancouver, USA.
- Professor Frank Wise, Cornell, Ithaca, USA.
- Dr. Shibin Jiang, AdValue CTO, USA.
- Professor Axel Schulzgen, CREOL, Florida, USA.
- Professor Real Vallee, Univerite Laval, Quebec, Canada.
- Professor Georgious Kakarantzas, N.H.R.F (National Hellenic Research Foundation), Athens, Greece.
- Professor Almanta Galvanauskas, University of Michigan, USA.
- Dr. Eric Geoffrion, Thorlabs (formerly IR-Photonics), Canada.
- Prof. Valery Filippov, Tempere University of Technology and Ampliconyx, Finland.
- Prof. Mircea Guina, Tempere University, Finland.
- Professor Seongwoo Yoo, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
In addition, the OASIS 7 conference includes an impressive list of internationally known researchers, including plenary talk from Professor Gérard Mourou, 2018 Physics Nobel Prize Winner, from École Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France. All IFLA attendees will have admission to all other OASIS 7 sessions and the exhibition. All keynote and invited speakers are invited to join a tour of the Israel Center for Advanced Photonics on April 3, 2018. Details will be provided later.
The target audience includes optical scientists and engineers working in this field. We encourage students from all institutions of higher learning to participate in this meeting as it will expose them to the latest research, development, and facilitate interactions with representatives of academy and industry.
We invite you to participate in our meeting and to submit your latest work. Please submit a 600 word abstract by December 15, 2018, to the OASIS website following the OASIS submission instructions and indicate in the Topic box “IFLA – Fiber Laser and Applications.”
International Meeting on Fiber Lasers and Applications